10 October 2009

Karanīya Mettā Sutta


Karanīya Mettā Sutta
Originally uploaded by jayarava
This is the well known Karanīya Mettā Sutta from the Suttanipāta (Sn 143-152). More info on my Flickr Site - click the image to find it.

I offer this version to offset the unskilful things I've done, said and thought in the last couple of weeks. Please feel free to copy this and spread it around.

My website has the Roman text and my translation. I've done another more colloquial translation. Also I've done a partial commentary. There are many translations online, each with its own merits.


14.6.10
I've not also translated an exert from the commentary to the Karanīya Mettā Sutta which explains the circumstances in which the Buddha gave the discourse: How the Karanīya Mettā Sutta Came About.

No comments:

Post a Comment