01 September 2009

Sabbe Satta Sukhi Hontu

sabbe satta in various scriptsThanks to stumble.com the page with my decorative version of the Pāli mantra sabbe sattā sukhi hontu has become one of the most popular pages on visiblemantra.org. As a result I have spruced up the sister page - May all beings be happy - which shows the mantra in formal siddhaṃ (new calligraphy), and added versions in Tibetan (Uchen), Devanāgarī and Sinhala - using images of fonts to spare you my ragged calligraphy in those scripts (screen shot left).

I've discovered a good utility for transcribing Sinhala so will be adding that script for other Pāli phrases - if you know of one for Burmese and Thai let me know.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Jayarava,

    Your sinhala transiletaration is wrong.

    सब्बे सत्ता सुखि होन्तु should be

    සබ්බේ සත්තා සුඛි හෝන්තු

    what you have is

    සබ්බෙ සට්ට සුඛි හොන්ටු

    sabbĕ saṭṭa sukhi hŏnṭu (short e and short o)

    You may use my Transliterator, if you wish to transliterate Devanagari to Sinhala

    http://tamilcc.org/thoorihai/thoorihai-en.php

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vinodh

    I like your converter! It's good being able to use Devanāgarī as the input script - so much clearer than ITRANS etc. I've changed the link on the page to go to your converter.

    Please consider adding a Ranjana converter - that's what I really need!

    Jayarava

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    There is a Ranjana IME here:

    http://my.opera.com/siddham/blog/

    I think is good, but you have to type it syllable by syllable.

    Give it a try !

    &

    do update this page:
    http://www.visiblemantra.org/allhappy.html

    It still shows सब्बॆ सट्ट सुखि हॊन्टु in Sinhala

    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done. I tried the siddhaṃ key thing and could not get it to type Ranjana. Maybe I'll have another go.

    Thanks again
    Jayarava

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah.

    Just another Tiny correction.

    It is සත්තා सत्ता not සත්ත सत्त

    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vinodh

    Quite right - it is beings plural not a being!

    JR

    ReplyDelete
  7. သဗ္ဗေ သတ္တာ သုခီ ဟောန္တု (burmese)

    ReplyDelete